Citation from “Law of the People's Republic of China on administrative penalties for public security”
Article 32: Whoever illegally carries guns, ammunition, crossbows or daggers or other state-regulated control devices shall be detained for not more than five days and may also be fined not more than 500 yuan; if the circumstances are minor, he shall be given a warning or a fine not more than 200 yuan.
Whoever illegally carries guns, ammunition, crossbows, daggers or other state-regulated control devices into public places or public transport vehicles shall be sentenced to detention of not less than five days but not more than ten days, and may also be fined not more than 500 yuan.
Any cutter that meets one of the following criteria may be identified as a controlled cutter:
1. Dagger: A single-edged, double-edged or multi-edged knife with a handle, grille and trough and a tip angle less than 60 degrees.
2. Triangular scraper: a machine tool with three blades.
3. Spring knife with self-locking device (jumping knife): Folding knife with self-locking can be fixed by spring or lock in the handle after the knife body is unfolded or ejected.
4. Other similar single-edged, double-edged and triangular sharp knives: all kinds of single-edged, double-edged and multi-edged knives whose tip angle is less than 60 degrees and whose body length is more than 150 mm.
5. All kinds of single-edged, double-edged and multi-edged cutters with angle greater than 60 degrees and body length more than 220 mm.
Some rules and regualtions about controlled knife in Xiamen University
It's strictly prohibited to store or use any kind of kitchen knife for cooking purpose in the student dorm or any other place of campus.
Whoever illegally store or use the controled knife, including kitchen knife in the dorm or any other place inside the campus will be punished by unversity.
If the circumstances are major, he shall be sentenced to detension and fined by court of China.
Collected by MBBS OFFICE
School of Medicion